Wednesday 29 January 2014

Wonderful News

Yesterday, when I got back home, checked my emails as you do, only to have received one from Christine Allen, the owner of 'Raw Sienna' a  contemporary art gallery in Knutsford, to say she had sold two of my framed art works. 

One of the reasons for my excitement, apart from the obvious, is that these were textile pieces competing for sale and admiration in a gallery whose main focus is painting.  Although, I must add that she sells some lovely 3D pottery items as well.  I thank Christine for accepting my textile pieces, as all galleries won't take them. 



This is one of the pieces, entitled 'The Teasel and the Dragonfly'


 A little bit of detail

The background is monoprinted, using thickened procion dyes, a really lovely method to transfer colour to fabric as it is absorbed by the material, rather than lying on the top of it.


This one is called 'Weedy' and is similar to the other one, once again using monoprinting for the background which is densely machine quilted and has added paint and beads.


A bit of 'Weedy' detail.

I believe they have gone to one home, as they could be classed as a duo and I certainly hope that the owner has as much pleasure out of them as I did in their creation.

Onwards and upwards all you textile artists.

Hope to see you again soon,
Margaret

4 comments:

  1. beautiful work Margaret. Congratulations on your sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Margaret. You must be really pleased

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind comments. I am really thrilled by the sales and equally thrilled that some people have now seen at my blog, it gives an impetus to updating more frequently.

    ReplyDelete