Sunday 5 January 2014

Print and Crackle

Hello,

At the end of the year, I started an online quilt journal course with Ineke Berlyn, www.inekeberlyn.com.  It's well worth thinking about if you need a little 'encouragement' to get motivated.

For my third quilt we had to use flour paste to make a crackle effect (this is a first for me) and I am really pleased with the results.  Thought I'd show you my efforts:-


screen print with screen inks onto dyed fabric

screen print onto crackle fabric
 
 





I wasn't able to put descriptions under all the photos, don't know why, but I think you will get the idea that I had great fun doing these, which are just a selection.  The problem now is that I have to cut them up to make my small quilt to photograph and send to Ineke.

Why is it that I hate to cut up my fabrics, whether they are dyed, printed, screened or otherwise, especially when I have so many?

Bye for now,
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment