Sunday 12 January 2014

It's been a good week

At the beginning of last week, I worked on my 15x15 quilt.  For this quilt, the theme is 'Rhythm' and I am the one responsible for this particular title.  I hope they won't give me this job again!

Anyway, the piece was just not working out, not enough contrast and I just didn't like it.


It looks like a see-through guitar to me, and even after putting the binding on, just in case it helped, I still didn't like it, so on to Quilt No. 2.

I've made a start, see below, and I am quite pleased - for now.  At least I have some contrast.


Also, last week I worked on my journal quilt, which I have very much enjoyed doing.  I have used the crackle fabric I made, the screen prints and bleach prints, bits of which show in the quilt, which was the 'lesson' for this journal.


The size I have chosen to do throughout the 12 month course is 11" x 7.5", so it's a lovely little piece to work on.  Hand quilting, beads and binding etc. to add, so I'll show you the finished quilt, once finished.

And just for fun I did a sketchbook cover with bits and pieces.  This is my favourite piece of work this week.


Hope your week is a happy and creative one.

Bye for now
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment