Tuesday 16 June 2015

Life's hiccups

I last posted to this blog in October last year, life's little hiccups just got in the way of adding posts,still, here I am again and I have a few photos to share

The head gardener, the one in the wheelbarrow

I have been doing a little bit of painting, having enjoyed a couple of weekend workshops with Laura Kemshall, who, although putting us through our paces, made the workshops exciting and very enjoyable.  I had been a little nervous, but needn't have worried at all.  Laura gives loads of demos throughout the day and willingly helped us with any problems.  We also enjoyed lovely lunches, catered for by her mum Linda.  So, wanting to continue with my painting, the photos below show my limited success.


I have been trying to capture the view that extends beyond our garden, the painting on the left (see above) is my first attempt, acrylic on canvas, bottom right is second attempt, molding paste for foreground, with acrylic, top right a fabric version












Vibrant sari silks, perhaps for a background

Sair silks laid out as a background

Sampling and moving on from landscape to seascape

Perhaps I can use these lovely silks, we'll see.


Hope you've enjoyed the photos, I know the formatting is awful, but I'll try to do better.  All the time I'm typing this sentence the photo up above keeps moving!!

See you soon,
Margaret











1 comment: